No one knows what it means, but it’s provocative. It gets the people GOING!Chazz Michael Michaels
Do the words on the whiteboard look like a foreign language? Don’t worry read the information below and it will help.
- AMRAP: As Many Rounds as Possible
- BW (or BWT): Body weight
- CF: CrossFit
- DNF: Did Not Finish
- EMOM: Every Minute on the Minute
- MetCon: Metabolic Conditioning workout
- Rep: Repetition
- Rx’d: As prescribed; as written. WOD done without any adjustments.
- PR: Personal record
- Set: A number of repetitions. e.g., 3 sets of 10 reps, often seen as 3×10, means do 10 reps, rest, repeat, rest, repeat.
- WOD: Workout of the day
- #: Symbol for Lbs. or Pounds
- ”: Symbol for Inches
- BS: Back squat
- C&J: Clean and jerk
- DL: Deadlift
- FS: Front squat
- GHD: Glute hamstring developer
- HC: Hang Clean
- HSPU: Handstand push-up
- HSC: Hang squat clean
- KB: Kettlebell
- K2E: Knees to elbows
- MU: Muscle ups
- OHS: Overhead squat
- PC: Power clean
- PP: Push press
- PJ: Push Jerk
- SC: Squat Clean
- SDHP: Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- T2B: Toes to bar.
- CFT: CrossFit Total (A best of three attempts at a 1RM of (Press/DL/BS)
- RM: Repetition maximum. Your 1RM is your max lift for one rep. Your 10 RM is the most you can lift 10 times. (Commonly found in WOD’s as 1RM/3RM/5RM etc.)
- The “Girls”: A series of benchmark workouts created by CFHQ that are universally known among the CF community.
- The “Heroes”: A Hero workout is a tribute workout in honor of a fallen CrossFitter (either Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, Firefighter, Police officer) that died in the line of duty. They are tough and among the most difficult of WOD’s. There are sadly too many of them.
- Tabata Interval: A workout of 8 intervals alternating 20 seconds of max rep work with 10 seconds of rest. Total is 4 minutes per exercise. Score the lowest interval rep count.
- Paleo and Zone: Types of diet and nutrition protocol commonly found in the CF lifestyle.