CrossFit has released a short video demonstrating the movement and reminding us of the key elements of the Push Press.
Key Elements of The Push Press:
- Hip-width stance
- Hands just outside of shoulders
- Elbows slightly in front of the bar
- Full grip on the bar
- Bar rests on torso
- Torso dips straight down
- Hips and legs extend, then press
- Heels down until hips and legs extend
- Bar moves over the middle of the foot
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension
Remember these key elements and you will improve!