Oh, The Push Jerk! It comes natural to some and to others, not so much. When the it is done correctly the weight goes overhead with such ease that you feel you can lift as much as Rich or Camille! CrossFit has released a short video demonstrating the movement and reminding us of the key elements of the Push Jerk.
Key Elements of The Push Jerk:
- Hip-width stance
- Hands just outside of shoulders
- Elbows slightly in front of the bar
- Full grip on the bar
- Torso dips straight down
- Hips and Legs extend rapidly then press under
- Receive the bar in a partial overhead
- Heels stay down until hips and legs extend
- Bar moves over the middle of the foot
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension
Remember these key elements and you will improve!