Let’s talk Deadlifts! It is probably the least complex lift we do in CrossFit. However, even though it may be the simplest lift we do, if done incorrectly the chance of injury is great. CrossFit has released a short video demonstrating the movement and reminding us of the key elements of a Deadlift.
Key Elements of a Deadlift:
- Hip-width stance
- Hands just outside of hips
- Full grip on the bar
- Shoulders slightly in front of the bar
- Lumbar curve maintained
- Hips and shoulders rise at the same rate
- Bar moves over the middle of the foot
- Heels down
- Complete at full hip and knee extension
Remember these key elements and you will improve!