Meat loaf was one of my least favorite meals as a kid but as an adult it has become one of my favorites. This month's recipe is for a paleo meat loaf that is fantastic! It is from the My Life Well Loved blog.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minsIngredients:
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, diced
1⁄2 medium white onion, minced
1 small can diced jalapeños
¼ tsp minced garlic
1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup almond flour
1 large egg
1⁄8 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
2 cups salsa of choice, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan or we made do with a 9x13.
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients, except for salsa.
4. Shape the mixture into a loaf in the pan. Pour 1 cup of the salsa on top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through in the center.
6. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, top with the remaining 1 cup of salsa, and garnish with extra cilantro, if desired.