About the cfg on 3 project
The CFG on 3 Project honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Whether you’re the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you have taken the skills you’ve cultivated in the locker room and used to them create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you.
Respect. Dedication. Teamwork. Resilience. Problem-solving. Discipline.
These are just a few of the many character-building traits students gain from participating in high school athletics. We are proud of our local student-athletes and the character they display in both academics and athletics.
When we founded CrossFit Gardendale, we knew we wanted to give back to our local Jefferson County community. Now, we are honoring our commitment to the community by helping the future leaders of our community continue their education upon graduation with the CFG On 3 Project. Scholarships will be awarded yearly to qualified student-athletes who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership in their schools, sports, and communities.
- Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character. Athletes are trusted and respected members of their schools and communities. They have built strong relationships with and will leave a lasting impact on other students, administrators, and community members.
- Be passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live. Athletes have made a significant long-term commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Be a confident and enthusiastic leader. Athletes aren’t reluctant role models. They are poised, honest, and passionate leaders who take on challenges for the greater good.
- Display academic excellence. Athletes are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves, and excel in their studies.
- Come from a diverse background. Athletes have unique life stories, are from different places, have varied academic ambitions, and play a wide range of sports.
- CFG on 3 Project Scholar Athletes share key attributes:
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Inspiring and charismatic
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong and Courageous
are you eligible?
To be eligible for the CFG on 3 Project scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a current high school senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Spring of 2023
- Be currently a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team or be involved in after-school sports (e.g. intramurals, martial arts, band, etc.)
- Have maintained an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade
- Be a U.S. citizen or US Permanent Legal Resident
- CrossFit Gardendale employees and their immediate family members are ineligible
CFG on 3 Athletes will receive college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.