WOW! We have had an amazing start to 2015. We had our largest Beginner’s On-Ramp class ever! We had an amazing Olympic Weightlifting Seminar with Regional CrossFit games competitor, Elijah “EZ” Muhammad. Many of our athletes have crushed their PRs! To say we are excited about 2015 is an understatement! We have several CFG Events coming up and you do not want to miss them. Be sure to schedule these events on your calendar:
1. Nutrition Seminar, 11:00 a.m., Saturday, January 17, 2015 at CFG (you might want to bring a chair).
2. YOGA, 2:00 p.m., Sunday, January 18, 2015 at CFG. Be sure to bring a yoga mat. Detailed yoga schedule to be released at a later date.
3. 40 Day Clean Eating Challenge, Monday, January 19, 2015 – February 27, 2015.
What divisions are there to participate in?
•Weight Loss Division
Consists of before & after weight, before & after body fat measurements, before & after body measurements, and of course, a WOD. The winner will be determined by a percentage of change in all of these categories during the 40 day challenge.
Consists of a WOD and testing of certain skills, i.e., max power clean, max handstand push-ups, max double unders. The winner will be determined by a percentage of change in the WOD and the skills during the 40 day challenge.
How do I sign-up?
• Come by the counter, register and pay the $30.00 registration fee (performance only if you are getting measured)
• Weigh-in, measurements & body fat composition with Lisa Sims (In order to participate in the weight loss division you must be measured no later than January 21st. It is not mandatory that you get measured to participate in the performance division.)
• Come to one of the classes on January 19th for the baseline WOD and skills
The prizes include but are not limited to the following:
•1 Free Month of Membership for the winner in the Weight Loss Division & the Performance Division
•A gift certificate to the next Beginner’s On-Ramp program for you to give to someone of your choosing
•A bag of Stronger Faster Healthier Pure Protein
4. Fair Game competition, Pensacola, FL, January 31, 2015 – February 1, 2015. We have 3 teams participating in this event. Team 1 – Nick, Tyler Hannah, Kaitlyn & Kacie Ray; Team 2 – Lane, Trevor, Amy K., & Kellie; Team 3 – Burnon, Chad, Bethany & Carrie.
5. 40 Day Clean Eating Challenge party, February 28, 2015, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Buffalo Wild Wings
6. March Madness in house competition – Stay tuned for details!