This is one of my favorite recipes from Paleo Newbie! It is simple and delicious! I usually pair this recipe with roasted asparagus.
4 boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2″ thick
1 pkg of prosciutto
1 jar of roasted red peppers (about 1 cup)
1 jar of artichokes – chopped small
1 cup of Balsamic vinegar
Seasonings – choose whatever you like for your chicken
1. Pour 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and heat on medium. You can add any spice you like. I added a sprig of rosemary since I have it in my yard. This will need to simmer a while until it reduces by 1/3 or 1/2 depending on how syrupy you want it.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
3. To tenderize the meat, loosely wrap each chicken breast in cellophane and pound out using a meat tenderizer mallet until each is about 1/2″ thickness.
4. Now season both sides of your chicken and add a little olive oil.
5. On each piece of chicken lay a slice or 2 of prosciutto, a nice slice of red pepper and chopped artichokes.
6. Starting from the small end of the breast, roll and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
7. You can hold the chicken wrap in place with a toothpick if you wish
8. Drizzle with a little olive oil
9. Bake at 450-degrees F for 25-30 min (your cooking time may vary)
To serve, slice and drizzle with the balsamic reduction you prepared, or a pesto sauce
I usually season my chicken with salt and pepper only and I use pesto instead of the balsamic reduction. I hope you enjoy!